Saturday 26 September 2020

Phillip Allen / Frans Hals

 




Frans Hals

Banquet of the officers of the Calivermen Civic Guard

1627

oil on canvas

183 x 266,5 cm

Frans Hals Museum, Haarlem NL

 

 



For a number of years now I've been fascinated by Frans Hals collective portraits of Civic Guards etc. These pictorial slices of society I find formally fascinating and never tire looking at them.

 

Phillip Allen, 2020





Phillip Allen (UK)

Deepdrippings (Solar quiet version)

2016

oil on board

153 x 122 cm

www.phillipallenartist.com 

rvv





2 comments:

  1. I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to make such a great informative web site.melbourne discounts coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated. wholesale beach decor

    ReplyDelete