Sunday 23 November 2014

Bram Kinsbergen / Henri Toulouse Lautrec



Henri Toulouse Lautrec
La Comtesse Adèle de Toulouse-Lautrec
ca 1883
oil on canvas
93,5 x 81 cm 



Busy working on a series of work about McDonald's restaurants around the world, seen through Google Street View, I was browsing through a book of Henri Toulouse Lautrec.
I was so into this McDonald's thing, that when I saw the portrait he made of his mother, I immediately made the link with my own work. 
The way she looks, like she is torn into something (the making of this portrait) she doesn't want to be part of, is the look I wanted to give to my portrait of the mother of Ronald McDonald.
Her face painted like “the clown”, she couldn't resist the demand of her son to be portrayed like this, but I wanted to tell a different story by the way she looks.
Henri Toulouse Lautrec made a lot of portraits that have an unfinished result, that's the reason why I did the same with my work. 
It symbolizes the loneliness, the void of being the mother of Ronald McDonald.
Bram Kinsbergen, 2014




Bram Kinsbergen (BE)
Mama by Ronald McDonald by Bram Kinsbergen
2014
oil on canvas
50 x 70 cm


No comments:

Post a Comment